WordPress Search Engine Optimization
WordPress Blogger Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization directions for bloggers using WordPress on their website. If you do not have your WordPress set up under your own domain do that first. This is not open for discussion, it is a requirement.
To learn more about what is available for successful Internet marketing visit Search-Optimization.com, celebrating twenty years of SEO and Internet marketing.
Website Makeover Look Like Million Bucks | Add Mobile | Includes Search Engine Optimization CLICK HERE >>
Website Makeover Look Like Million Bucks Add Mobile and Include Search Engine Optimization CLICK HERE >>
Most Important Step – Keyword Research
For Blog Search Engine Optimization
- Get the number one Keyword SEO research and rank checker blog plugin. CLICK HERE>>
- Decide what you are going to write about.
- Go to Google Keyword Research
- If you have an Adwords account sign in. If not just type in your idea and fill in the Captcha.
- Pick a keyword phrase that has a significant number of searches and low competition.
Write about the topic using the keyword phrase you have selected.
- Use the keyword phrase in the title.
- Include the keyword phrase in the article.
- Avoid general terms for the topic using the keyword phrase instead.
- Words like product, it, them etc are not search terms.
- Open up the Dashborad for the blog then select Add New
- The first box will be your title and your URL
- Use the keyword phrase here.
- A Permalink will appear, this will be the URL for the post. Edit it to remove non-essential words. Remember this should be your keyword phrase. The title can now be different than the URL.
- Start your post with the keyword phrase in the first sentence and a smaller additional heading. In SEO this is called proximity.
- There is a button called Show/Hide Kitchen Sink that is the sixteenth button over. Click it.
- Now you can use the drop down Paragraph button and use Headings.
- Write a longer title to go at the start of the page. Highlight that then select the Paragraph drop down menu button. Use a Heading. The Heading1 is pretty big so I like Heading 2 or smaller. Remember that your original title will be above the story so don’t just repeat it.
- As you create content try and give each paragraph a heading using the heading feature. I have used Heading4 in this article.
- Use the keyword phrase in the story but not excessively.
Meta Tags SEO
- This is very important! It will tell the search engines what the story is about and also be your add copy as the Title and Description in your search results.
- Scroll down to the All In One SEO Pack
- Fill in the Title using no more than 58 characters.
- Fill in the Description with no more than 158 characters.
SEO Blog Linking Strategy
- Link to other websites.
- Try to use the keyword phrase in the anchor text that you are linking from.
- Select the link button that is the chain that is ninth over and appears when you highlight the text.
- A box will open paste the URL into it.
- Put a short description of what the link goes to and try and include the keyword phrase if it makes sense.
- Select the Open link in a new window/tab.
- The alternative is to select “Or link to existing content” to link other stories on the website.
- You can still add information to the Title but you do not need to select the Open link in a new window/tab.
SEO For Images
- Find an image that represents your keyword phrase.
- Name the image using the keyword phrase not 123.jpg use keyword.jpg.
- Select Set Featured Image on the right.
- .When you load the image fill in the information on the right.
- Title – Use the keyword phrase here if you want it to display.
- Caption – Further information about the picture.
- Alt – This is used if the image cannot be displayed and is also what a reader will use to describe the image to a blind person. The search engines also read this as they cannot “see” images.
- Description – This is a good place to put in the keyword phrase but it should describe the picture. This is what appears when someone rolls over the picture.
- This information will help to get the image to come up in image search results.
- Put in one category maybe two, no more.
- Warning this is advanced and you will need a Google + Profile
- Include your Author Rank links to your Google + profile.
- Author rank is Google’s way of know who wrote what. The more you write the higher your ranking. Pretty cool.
- Create a link to your Google+ profile from your webpage, like this:
- <a href=”[profile_url]?rel=author”>Google</a>
- Replace [profile_url] with the your Google+ profile URL, like this:
- <a href=”https://plus.google.com/115404972573441668669?rel=author”>Author Gerry Grant</a>
- Your link must contain the ?rel=author parameter. If it’s missing, Google won’t be able to associate your content with your Google+ profile.
- Add a reciprocal link back from your profile to the site(s) you just updated.
- Edit the Contributor To section.
- In the dialog that appears, click Add custom link, and then enter the website URL.
- If you want, click the drop-down list to specify who can see the link.
- Click Save.
- Author Gerry Grant+ this is what it should look like.
Social Media SEO
- Write a short description for Facebook and
- Add link to story. Do not use short links here.
- Find another picture that represents your keyword phrase
- Make the picture 400 pixels or less wide and add some text to it.
- Optimize the file size for the Internet and make it a jpg
- Use it in your Facebook posts
- Post the description, link and picture
- Like it from any Facebook pages you have access to
- Write a different description for Google +
- Write a 140 character description including link.
- You may need to use a short link here. You can get it from the permalink or use www.tinurl.com
- Tweet it with a # tag and a word that is the target of your story
- Exampls: #searchoptimization or #health
- Put information about yourself at the end of the article
- Put links to other stories you have done
- This is a good place for your Author Rank information
To schedule a 15 minute no obligation phone consultation CLICK HERE for Meetme calendar. Try this it is really cool.
Request additional Search Engine Optimization information and receive educational Internet Marketing email.
Rinse and repeat for.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.